Friday, October 2, 2009

Starting small...

Later this month, on the 22nd, I'm heading down to Phoenix to a small craft fair at my sisters corporate office (Dept of Public Safety). I've been doing some research on craft businesses and it says to always start with small craft fairs that don't cost a lot of money before moving on to the larger, more expensive ones. Also, it says that when you're starting out to aim to cover your cost of your table and don't expect for everything to sell out! Its all about getting the word out!

Sewing is something I enjoy and can do while my kids are playing or after they've gone to bed at night. Its also something that I can easily stop what I'm doing to help them when they need me. Making a few extra dollars here and there, doing something I love is awesome and I hope to keep it going. In addition to the sales to my friends and family, I've made a couple sales in my etsy.com shop which is very exciting!

While I've been sewing for over 15 years, selling my stuff is all very new to me! I take great pride in my sewing creations and will always do my best to make great quality stuff!

Thanks to all of you who have supported me in my crafting journey so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment